Intro - It’s the moment a contortionist stops twisting herself into impossible shapes for a locked door that was never hers, stands up straight, and discovers she can simply walk around the whole structure into the wide open landscape that belonged to her all along.
BECAUSE
The key snapped in the keyhole
because I was trying to open
what was never meant to open for me.
The door is done.
The lock is done.
The chapter is done.
I bent myself into shapes
no one should ever have to learn,
twisting into permission
that never arrived.
My contortion is finished.
Enough.
Blocked.
Locked out.
Held behind a door that pretended
to belong to me
while overwriting my life.
Now they let me in,
but not by choice.
And that is not entry.
The walls have fallen.
The door can stay locked.
It can’t keep me out anymore.
I will enter my life
by any route I choose.
Because I am strong.
Because I am tenacious.
Because I have words.
Because I should have already been
sitting comfortably,
looking out the window
that was mine all along.
Comments
Post a Comment